Join Jackie from HerMD to have all your questions answered about IUDs
March 23rd @ 7:30pm
Register via the form below!
Is an IUD right for me?
Deciding which form of birth control is an important decision. One of the most frequently asked questions we get at HerMD is “What is an IUD?”
An IUD is a small contraceptive device that is inserted into the uterus. It is a safe and highly effective method for long-term birth control. An IUD works by preventing sperm from fertilizing an egg. The placement of an IUD can be done in the office and generally takes just a few minutes.
From there, many other questions follow.
- What does getting an IUD feel like?
- Can I have sex afterwards?
- When is it safe to use a tampon?
- Can I go back to work or workout after I get an IUD?
- Can an IUD fall out?
- How long does an IUD last?
- What if I want to get pregnant – when should I get my IUD out?
- Does an IUD protect against STDs?
- Is there more than one type of IUD? Which is right for me?
Come with all your questions on March 23rd.